Friday, July 10, 2009

The Office - Take 2 - Day 12

The Office is nearly complete. The two main problems with moving back down from Santa Barbara is that I lost my closets and I lost my dining room table. I also lost this hallway. As I mentioned previously, the repair work done by the HOA association on our interior walls resulted in our hanging art being taken off the walls. It all ended up here. Any additional art that I also had up in SB (a couple of new pieces that I acquired because I need to have art on the walls . . . need to . . . ) also ended up here. (This is a repeat image, for ease of storytelling.)


I didn't get an image of the dining room table when it had stuff on it, but trust me, there was a lot of stuff. There was no dining. No room. So, YAY to a clean dining room table. I really love it. Makes me happy.


And then the process of decorating all of the other spaces became an imperative. I want to get two other small images of matching size to place on either side of this one to really accentuate the long space. But I always liked this image. Kurt Ross. Really pretty and very simple.


Also, I have a lot of hanging art. This one is from a local artist, but I didn't know where to put it. I had some boxes on the top of this bookshelf, but why not think outside the box? I don't need to hang all of my wall art. Some of it can just be, sort of, leaned up against the wall.


I always liked this image. Once I get around to painting the hallway/vanity area of the office, the yellows here will pop and not be so out of place. This is still the green wall. It isn't so oppressive here, but it still is awful in the hall.


One of my best friends gave me this for my college graduation. I wore it that day. I dried it out and put it in this shadow box. I think it looks nice in the new spare bathroom. Plus, good memories.


This is my favorite. I always like to have one wall dedicated to family photos and snapshots. I am a photographer, yes, but there are different kinds of photographs. I don't always want the perfect, clean, art photo. Sometimes the snapshot of your childhood pet is the best image in the world.


This is also a favorite. My sister painted it of the two of us when she was in high school. She won a Best in Show award for it, it was written up in the local papers, and she gave it to me as a gift. She is incredibly, incredibly talented. With visual arts and with writing. I can only show you this, but trust me on both accounts.


My murder wall. Six ravens with room for an image of more. Different media, different cultures, different styles, but they all work together somehow. I love it. This is new to this house. Three of these were hung in Santa Barbara - one that I made and two gifts - and one was a Christmas present. Awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home