Saturday, June 06, 2009

The Office - Take 2 - Day 7

As expected, the work continues. Now that the mud is more appropriately smoothed over, I primed this wall again. Ahhh, smooth and white with no bizarre bumps or weird surface changes.


After the primer dried, on both the wall and the window sill, I started painting. Again, very excited with the progress, so I took pictures right away. This one was easier because I didn't have to worry about the corners being a different color or worry about overlap. The only place that I had to be careful was around the window, because the sill was going to be a much lighter, warm cream color.



After the that final wall was painted, here is what the room looks like! The furniture is still pulled away from the wall because of the wet paint, but we are at least getting somewhere. I love the new paint. Love love love. So close.


I know it is hard to tell, but the left half of this window sill is painted the new color, over the top of the white primer. It is subtle, but it makes a big difference. The mild orange hues in the wall paint and the soft yellow in this paint really work well together. I like the sill being lighter, feels like a welcome mat for the sunlight into the room.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger JQ said...

Nice work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home