Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Office - Take 2 - Day 3

Update number three on "the progress." Day three was a highly productive day, but now that I am seeing the images here, it doesn't actually look like much. It was, trust me.

Let me try and convince you.

First, the drywall patches weren't quite dry - still - but that didn't stop me from preparing for the actual painting. So I put tape up across the ceiling, plastic on the floor, and started to twiddle my thumbs.


SPF, on the other hand, was busy finishing off the demo of the weird archway and replacing the rounded corners with fresh drywall patches. Tasty!!


Ahhh, cornerbead. These lovely little metal additions are going to change our stupid room to an amazing, modern, crisp, sharped-edged wonder. Love. Them.


I didn't take a ton of pictures during this phase because I was busy applying the drywall tape and joint compound over the new corner pieces. It is a fantastic job that can be quite messy and tiring on sore and not very highly used muscles, but it was so worth it. Even though the mud isn't dry in this shot, you can already see the glorious, glorious edginess of our new walls. Nailed it.


In the mean time, back when I was still twiddling my thumbs, I removed all of the books from bookshelf number two, which at this point had been moved into the center of the room to allow access to wall number two, and SPF helped me move the shelf itself into the bedroom so that I could refill it in its new home. This helps because it gave me something to do and it also provided some aforementioned much needed wall space in the office. A different perspective of the new bookshelf locations. (It isn't as crowded as it appears from here. It's actually pretty nice having something in this room on that wall.)


And while I was slathering mud on the archway, SPF was busy demoing and cutting new drywall for the window edges. So nice.


And if I still haven't convinced you that we worked all day, let me add that we went out to breakfast, went to Home Depot, and saw Terminator: Salvation. But we worked so hard that we couldn't go to dinner before the movie at the steakhouse we were going to go to, but went to Rubio's instead, only they were closed because it was so late at night, so we ended up getting hot dogs in the theater. (So, does that help or hurt my argument?)

2 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great progress. Can't wait to see the completed project first hand. (Fishing for an invitation ;-)) Did you know Terminator was filmed (at least in part) in Albuquerque?
- JQTE

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Yeah, I saw that in the credits! Yay for Abq! Although it is a little sad that the movies we get are the post apocalyptic ones . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home