Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Office - Take 2 - Day 4

Day four. The last day of the long weekend, the last day for progress in strides rather than wiggles. Day four, and finally the drywall patches are dry and we can prime and paint.

I took some photos of the wall after it was primed, but they looked just like every other photo. I tell you the room is green. We are not crazy. In the image below you can kind of tell that the ceiling is also green. I kid you not, they painted this entire room, every blessed square inch in that horrible, sickly, crazy-making, green-tinted white monstrosity. But now, now it is a warm color, a nice, subtle tan with just a hint of orange. I know what you must be thinking, but the hint or orange is so way better than the hint of green. Mostly because it is hinting while in an actual color, rather than hinting behind white. Hinting and sneering. I was so excited that I took this shot after just a few minutes of painting.


While I was busy applying the first coat, SPF was busy continuing with the new drywall edges in the window frame. So nice. Our drill only ran out of battery once. Good little drill. Good little husband.


The finished product. (Sort of, this is after one coat. I know not because you can see defects, but because it is still light outside.)


And the other wall as well. So much progress! And I only had to wait four hours to recoat. I know, that seems like a long time, right? Well, considering when I started the first coat on the first wall and when I finished the first coat on the second wall, I only had to wait three hours. Awesome, right?


So. Pretty.


Once he was done with the drywall installation he attacked the joint compound. At this point I was upstairs and blogging the first of these blogs, cleaning out my tools, and stretching my incredibly sore muscles. When he was done, he invited me down to look at it.


But it turns out that someone else had looked at it first. It wasn't difficult to figure out what had happened.


Nor difficult to find the perpetrator.


SPF immediately repaired the paw marks because the mud was still wet, but the second that he opened the door again, our other little girl ran in and went straight for the window sill. Exposed, helpless, vulnerable. Poor little window sill. I work in this office almost every day. Usually both of the girls are in there with me. They get up on the window sill maybe once every three days for a second or two before deciding that the fun is really in sitting on my open computer while I am trying to retouch images or walking on the desk in front of my face while I am trying to type. So it makes total and complete sense that both of them, within minutes of each other, would sneak into the room and immediately try to climb onto the sill. Yep.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger ears said...

Little?

Cats have an innate sense of where to place themselves to generate the highest amount of disruption. They are entropy embodied.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

That would explain why Brooks is covered in orange juice right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home