Saturday, September 17, 2005

And Now for Something Completely Different

So, back from the ridiculous. It actually took me a while to control my laughter at breakfast this morning when ordering. If you are confused, read the previous blog. Since I cannot answer comments with comments, I thought I would answer some here.

Lotus - These things are gigantic. The picture does not do them justice. The closed bud of one of these things is larger than my loosely clenched fist. HUGE! And they are so pretty. I can understand the appeal.

SPF - You temptress. I called you at the allotted time to no avail. I am shunned and saddened, and out approximately 50 cents for the message I left. I'm running a tab...

Everyone else - Thanks for reading!! I have received word that there may be a new reader on board, so WELCOME!! (You know who you are.) :)

I am glad the picture came out. Since I can't read my blog, I can't check to be sure if the picture worked. (I was admittedly a littler nervous about the "Then I would be really modern" comment if it didn't work because I would look like an idiot, but I'm glad that it did.

Hmmmm. Today was interesting. The factory that we went to was very different. The first was huge and very automated and modern, and this one was less so. It was not automated at all and was very person intensive. No worries, though, the system was very good. And the countryside that we went through today was absolutely stunning. I didn't have quick access to my camera otherwise I would show you. Huge rolling mountains of green with a heaviness about them that is difficult to describe. Our resort last night was lakeside and I woke to the beautiful scenery of lake and hills and palm trees. Not like the other night when I woke up to buildings and an oasis in the city...this one WAS an oasis, out in the landscape. I didn't want to leave and thought about ditching the audit...but I wouldn't be here without that whole "job" thing.

I can't decide what to write about. There is so much. Like lunch today where I had to try to remove the slippery and uncontrollable cockscomb from my meal (I am being VERY adventurous, but a girl has limits) and how lanes and traffic directions don't really mean anything, and how road obstacles are "labeled" (I use this term VERY loosely) with little foot high signs that undoubtedly say "This is a huge pile of dirt that you should avoid by careening into the neighboring lane despite the oncoming traffic." And there is also the wonderful bellman who braved a little English and smiled when I braved a NEW phrase in Chinese, and the gaggle of workers that followed me around today out of unabashed curiosity, and the mooncakes, of which I have one sitting next to me as I write, beckoning a nibble. Perhaps my favorite news of the day, I can stay in one hotel for two nights!!! Very excited.

How about this, I will take requests. What would YOU like to hear about, devoted audience? (And if I get another comment spam about "How to eat for life" or "Make your dreams come true with reality dating" I will choose to write about that, believe you me.

2 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything at all. Your writing is so very descriptive. Write about encounters with people, the scenery, the clultural differences, the attitudes you see. Write it all. This could become a book!

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]voirJZqMWdXCxb[/url] - TMmPNmcEOMBiaDmA , http://hhmgziigpu.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home