Thursday, September 01, 2005

Thursday...Thursday

Today seems long. Not as long as yesterday, which was REALLY long, but still inordinately longer than a day should be. Could be because the CEO demands that we be here on time...pshaw!! So, I have been coming in EARLY to be CERTAIN that I am on time, because the one day he checked, I was 15 minutes late and he was furious. Great. Way to focus.

So, now I am here and am still here and have been here. Nothing like JQ's long days when her boss was out, though. At least I still have a semblance of a normal work day. The trick is, when we stay until 8:00 at night, we don't get any recognition or reward, but we get scolded for coming in 15 minutes late. Sigh.

None the less, I like my job (when I have work) and I have to be here for another four hours. Although, since I get in earlier now, I can leave earlier too. No more late nights if this is how the game is played.

Won't even upgrade my FIFTEEN HOUR flight to business class, even though I save $3,300.00 on my last trip which WASN'T EASY! I was conscientious and pragmatic. I didn't eat some meals because I was concerned about the per diem. No more. I will EXACTLY match the budget from now on. If I can't have the airfare upgrade (which is worth $2,700.00, being rested, and getting work done on the plane) then I am going to gorge myself and buy in-room massages and stuff. Can I do that? Dad?

3 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger JQ said...

Hm. That's grumble-worthy. Sorry. Hey - have you read Time Traveler's Wife? Did I ask that already? You should read it.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

I know I should read it. I am reading "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime" right now and I can't stop. My eyes hurt very much today and I had to eventually put it down and go to bed. It is very, very good. I have decided that "The Time Traveler's Wife" should be sometime in the near future. Would you loan it to me?

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger JQ said...

Absolutely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home