Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Let Them Eat One-Year-Old Frozen Cake

So, I know what you are thinking. "Yuck! I remember when we tried that and our hunk of cake was dry and frozen and disgusting! Well, there's no accounting for tradition!"

Well, that isn't exactly the experience that SPF and I had last night. We expected it. We set it out on the table to thaw, ate our dinner, and then sliced into it. It was still kind of frozen, but it cut remarkably well.

"Here goes nothing." I thought, scooping up what I was sure would be my first and last bite of one-year-old chocolate mousse cake. Hmmm. After I finished my piece, about 12.9 seconds later, I enviously spied the remnants of SPF's piece. He had devoured it in turn, but missed the perfectly preserved buttercream icing. He had pulled off the decorative sugar shell (you know, the pretty one) and eaten just the cake. But the icing... I couldn't resist, so I scavenged his plate and ate his icing. When he saw what I was doing a struggle ensued over the remaining glorious, glorious icing that he had pulled away from the cake. He had to smack my hands.

For those of you who remember our chocolate wedding cake, think of that same cake, only slightly colder. That is what we had last night. It was PERFECTLY preserved. I think due in part to the magnificent shell of impenetrable, mosaic sugar.

You may think we are crazy, but I swear to you, this cake is fantastic. It is beautiful. It survived in our freezer (which was turned off SEVERAL times during the landslide crisis) in a not-completely-closed cake box. I kid you not.

We will be eating this entire cake in the next few days.

No, you may not have a piece.

5 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger wamez said...

I think you two are suffering from a very localized hallucinogen and should probably back away from the cake slowly, showing no fear.

Seriously. One year old cake does not taste good. There are no exceptions.

You are crazy.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

AH HAA!! I am not fooled by your wiley ways! You CANNOT have a piece, and I will not be decieved by your trickery!!

My delicious one-year-old cake beckons me home...

 
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it not scare you that your cake was perfectly preserved? I am somewhat with wamez, but I would suggest, eat the cake, and destroy that outer shell. Plastic? Velveeta? Be careful. I wouldn't know about it, however, because rs ate out entire wedding cakelet AND a pecan pie when he came to visit the Christmas after we got married.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

I know it sounds crazy, but it is REALLY good. The "shell" was an extra thick layer of that liquid sugar stuff that makes cakes look perfect. It ended up being thicker because of the mosaic pattern. It is REALLY well preserved. I have no concerns. I will eat my cake.

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.

A banks is a financial institution that accepts deposits and channels those deposits into lending activities. Bank primarily provide financial services to customers while enriching investors. Government restrictions on financial activities by bank vary over time and location. Bank are important players in financial markets and offer services such as investment funds and loans. In some countries such as Germany, banks have historically owned major stakes in industrial corporations while in other countries such as the United States banks are prohibited from owning non-financial companies. In Japan, banks are usually the nexus of a cross-share holding entity known as the keiretsu. In France, bancassurance is prevalent, as most banks offer insurance services (and now real estate services) to their clients.

The level of government regulation of the banking industry varies widely, with countries such as Iceland, having relatively light regulation of the banking sector, and countries such as China having a wide variety of regulations but no systematic process that can be followed typical of a communist system.[url=http://projectcontrol.v3host.nl]CLICK HERE[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home