Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Where O' Where Has My Dear Summer Gone?

I think it is actually getting colder every day. I was fine at first, but now I find myself wearing my new wool scarf inside EVERY building I enter. I get very cold in some of the plants that we are visiting. Like I mentioned previously, no insulation. Sad.

On the whole, though, things are progressing nicely. I have one more night in lovely Auckland, and then I leave tomorrow for the hellatious flight back. No worries. The beds here have been murder on my back, so the sooner I get back, the better. I might just stand on the plane whenever there is not a "fasten seatbelt while seated" sign on.

I love my new laptop. The local television is bizarre to say the least, and they pipe in a lot of US TV shows, so I get bored at night pretty easily. But, my saving grace has been my new little DVD player capable laptop. I am catching up on all my Full Metal as well as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and tonight a special treat, GALAXY QUEST!! I just wish I had brought more. I might catch a little Run Lola, Run as well, we shall see. It is actually cheaper for me to eat in my room, I discovered last night, and I get MORE FOOD!! So, tonight I will undoubtedly be dining again in my room with no one but Teddy to keep me company. (The Hilton provides a Teddy Bear in each room that you are welcome to take home for a mere $35.00.) I haven't touched him, but we talk a lot.

So, of the NZ TV that I have watched, NZ Idol is perhaps the most depressing. It is American Idol New Zealandized, and it is exactly the same with the one glaring exception that these people have funny accents. WHY?? What is the attraction to Reality TV??? Why does the world support it? Sigh.

Of the American shows brought over that I was most surprised to see? Invader Zim.

I can't wait for Serenity to come out. Hey, did you know they are playing all of the episodes of Firefly on the SciFi channel between now and the release? Check it out on your local listing and WATCH THE SHOW!!!

4 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger JQ said...

YES I KNEW THAT!!! (About the Firefly on Sci-Fi) and we should have a Browncoat Party. Don't even think about it! Let's just do it!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger JQ said...

Also - I highly recommend "Battlestar Glalctica" (sorry if that's spelled incorrectly!) JB and I are watching the miniseries/pilot right now - half way through and it's GREAT.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Hmmm. Noted. I will ask Tivo to investigate.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

I have to say, it has intrigued me. I have only seen one (maybe two?) episodes now and am thoroughly confused... but perhaps we will rent the miniseries and get an idea of what is going on.

We have also started watching "Lost" and I am also thoroughly intrigued here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home