Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Bugger All

I just realized that I am picking up some of the vernacular in my last blog. Yowzer. I haven't even been here for two full days yet. That is a bad sign.

So far my favorite difference between NZ and the States was a construction sign I saw on the road. It was one of those "Stop Ahead" signs with the picture of the little man holding the stop sign, only it said "Please Stop When Requested."

And last night, when I was shopping for my sister's present (which I may have to keep for myself) I found the PERFECT gift and it was expensive, so I talked to the girl and then told her I would come back later if I wanted it. When I came back, she said "So you went and had a think, did ya?"

Yeah.

Everything here is so nice.

Oh, and they have no guns. I love New Zealand.

3 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger JQ said...

Awesome! I looked up what it takes to immigrate (well, how much it costs to buy a packet of info on what it takes to immigrate - hey, if you see any packets in immigration lying around, pick one up and save yourself $125 US bucks!) Then I found some NZ slang. Fun. And if anyone tells you to "drop your gear" best walk away.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Fair enough. I will aviod the "drop your gear" people and search for immigration paperwork. I hope you do get to come here sometime, and I hope that I get to come back in the summer!!!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger JQ said...

Ah yes, it is their winter now, isn't it? Huh. Hope everything is going well - you sound like you're having a lot of fun! Take care and be safe! Love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home