Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Home is Where the Heart Is

So my home right now is San Diego, six thousand, three hundred, and twenty two miles away. However, I realized something. Tahiti, when SPF and I were there, felt like home. Our crazy Christmas trip that was a whirlwind of travel, felt like home on the go. My home is where SPF is. My home is my handsome.

This trip would be fabulous if SPF were here. Not that it isn't without him here, but if he were, we would be hiking in the crater of Mount Eden, exploring the coastal islands, popping into a local pub for fish and chips and a fosters. As it stands now, though, I know that when I get back to the hotel I will probably eat in the hotel restaurant or go exploring just a little, and then head back for a bath and an early bedtime.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited to be here and trying to make the most of it, but from a practical standpoint, there is only so much I can do as a single woman in a strange city. My host has been very nice to me so far and showed me around (with some minor navigational errors) and we have seen a bit. He also tells me that he wants to take me to the beach after work tomorrow so that I can see the coastline, and that sounds lovely. But ultimately, I really want to experience the world with my hub.

Everything else is work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home