Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Happy Anniversary!!!

SPF and I had a very nice anniversary up in Santa Clara and Anaheim.

In ten hours on Friday we managed to ride six roller coasters (one of them twice because it is the best in the world.)

In twelve hours on Saturday we ended up riding nine rides/attractions. But then we had a lovely dinner at the Blue Bayou which has a wonderful atmosphere. SPF was good enough to book the reservations in advance so that we actually had a table waiting for us while everyone else was being turned away. So sweet.

We have yet to actually try to eat our 1 year old wedding cake topper. We will try that one of these nights. I meant to order a fresh one of the same style that we could eat in its place (after we try the first, of course) but I forgot, and then we went away, etc., etc. I might still order one, we'll see.

All in all, however, I think we had a very successful first anniversary! And I hope we have started a tradition of taking off at least two days around the weekend that we are celebrating so that we can enjoy each other a bit as well.

So, off to a new year. We are tentatively hopeful that it will be better than last year. Positive indicators so far are:
1. The city has scheduled an appointment with us specifically this week to inspect our house for one hour so that they can make determinations of the steps that need to be taken to safeguard us whilst they begin to build THE WALL.
2. Our refinance check went through. It cleared. We paid everything off.
3. The lady at the bank was very helpful and we have set up our budgeting scheme to prevent debt EVER AGAIN.
4. Both cats have gone to the vet again and we should have results that they are healthy today. (I'm trying this 'positive outlook' thing.)
5. We survived last year.

So here's hoping.

To SPF - you're beautiful, baby!! Do a little dance...

5 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger JQ said...

Do a little dance...
No, Grr.
Do a little dance...

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger JQ said...

Happy Anniversary, you two! I hope this new year is stress-free (at least compared to the last!)

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Here's hoping.

I know, I'm scared too.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger JQ said...

TACOS!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

I loveded you piggy....I loveded you good!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home