Friday, March 18, 2005

Best Week Ever

On Tuesday I quit my job.
On Tuesday night SPF and I were allowed back into our home and I was interviewed by two news stations.
On Wednesday I interviewed with a new company.
On Wednesday afternoon my U2 ticket was taken away. (This would not be positive.)
On Wednesday evening I fought for the ticket and got it back.
On Wednesday night I was offered the new position.
On Thursday three other departments in my company (hearing that I had resigned) offered me positions.

Pretty positive considering last week:
On Monday I had my review, it was condescending and inappreciative.
On Tuesday I fought for a promotion.
On Tuesday afternoon I was offered a pittance promotion that is beneath what I am ALREADY doing.
On Tuesday evening I fought for a higher promotion and didn't get it.
On Tuesday evening after that, I had a nervous breakdown in the office of a friend.
On Tuesday night I developed some sort of stress-induced pain.
On Tuesday night I didn't sleep.
On Wednesday afternoon I went home early with nausea.
On Wednesday night I didn't sleep.
On Thursday I stayed home from work in pain and exhausted.
On Thursday night I didn't sleep.
On Friday SPF and I were informed that we were being evacuated from our home due to a landslide.
On Friday night we drove to LA to stay with my sister.
Nervous breakdown number two.

YEAH!! Bad week over, really good week almost over, but still under my belt.

5 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger JQ said...

Yeah! And I love the new look of the blog AND the tagline! (Just out of curiosity, was the 2nd nervous breakdown my fault???)

I'm glad everything is going so well this week! SEE - lots of people at your work appreciated you. Too bad they didn't step up earlier. BUt now you're off to the next great adventure, AND you get to see U2!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Hello me. I'm sorry your great week turned into a CRAPPY week when your house started to FALL APART!! Sigh. I think you might be losing it because you are commenting to yourself.

Quietly, now...let's see if any of the other natives notice...

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger JQ said...

Well, the natives who check up on your blog multiple times an hour might notice. And the ones who are worried about you because your house started to fall apart might notice...

How are you holding up, M? I don't want to be yet another person who just asks you question after question. But let me know if you need me to bug you, I can do that. I have lots of "big sister" training, though I'm afraid I'm a little out of practice of late...

Be strong. And when you can't do that, you can lean on me.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

I don't know. I am okay. The reality of leaving this job and moving on is a good thing and relieves some other stress. And Kung Fu actually really helps. And I bought a "black sash" membership (when I thought I was going to have a refinance) and I will now have Kung Fu for the next four years no matter what happens with everything else. So, yeah?

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been moving through four blogs that I think I am connected to, and I have finally this figured out. This is an open, interactive journal! I feel a little bit voyeuristic! In the many journals I have kept, and keep, I protect them like crazy. Part of the next generation--publish the journal and protect the identify? Hmmm. Anyway, it is interesting to get a little window into all of your heads. I hope I am getting windows into the right heads!
I, too, hope everything settles nicely with your house! I worry about you. Much love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home