Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Anvil of Daylight

So, I am historically known to mishear lyrics of songs and come up with fascinating new meanings/words/phrases that have not been ingeniously created by brilliant song writers. A good example of this would be the word "antiviriality", which I had defined as "when fact is fiction." I get this from the U2 lyrics for "Sunday, Bloody Sunday"..."When fact is fiction...antiviriality..." So, for those of you who know the actual song, you can see my problem.

So I have a new problem. I heard the new Beck single on my way to work this morning and the line "The Anvil of Daylight" stuck out from the song as a brilliant, extremely prolific and descriptive metaphor that I really admire. Problem is, I don't know if it is really in the song.

So, for the adventurous of you out there, can anyone verify if this is actually part of the lyrics or just another wonderful mishearing? I would look myself, but I am quite busy and I know that there are at least three of you out there who will find it faster and better than I would anyway, and it is more fun to blog about it...which probably took more time than it would have just to look it up. Sigh.

So, the hunt is on!

4 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger monster said...

You heard the lyrics right! "Hammer my bones in the anvil of daylight" from the E-Pro single. Lyrics to that song and the rest from the album here:
http://www.lyred.com/lyrics/Beck/Guero/E-+Pro/

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Yeah! Thank you, monster. I was expecting the information from people who I know read my blog, but the info in appreciated none the less. I really like the lyric, so I am glad it is real. :)

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger wamez said...

I have failed...

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

too slow...too slow...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home