Friday, February 18, 2005

True

I looked around on Blogger today and read a couple of blogs (inspired by the quick response of monster on my previous blog question) and made a shocking realization. I read some of these blogs and saw the history of people's lives, saw the amazing transformations in their lives, the struggles, the pain, the joy, and they became characters out of any story you could read about modern life, only they are real.

I guess part of me never thought about how the blog can open you up to the world. People I have never met know some of the inner workings of my mind. In some ways it's creepy, but in some others it becomes a window of opportunity to possibly positively affect someone's life.

I want to do that. I want to quit my horrible corporate job and find a career that helps people daily. Some of you know I toyed with joining the Peace Corp about two years back, but that was too drastic of a maneuver (especially because I had SPF, who I surely would have lost or missed TERRIBLY the whole time.) So I have been talking ever since about doing something that will help people here, in San Diego. Helping kids would be ideal, but I doubt myself so greatly sometimes, I wouldn't want to end up being a bad influence.

I don't know. I guess I think that I have my life together enough that I could spare the emotional, financial, and temporal efforts to help people. It doesn't change the plan at all. It just enhances it.

I digress. My ultimate blogging purpose today was to exclaim my sudden amazement at the caliber of bloggers out there, and the trials and tribulations that they are willing to share, which could, theoretically, help someone who reads them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home