Monday, October 04, 2004

Here I am

I have been unbelievably busy. I am trying to maintain some semblance of sanity despite all of the craziness in life right now. I have seven audits from last month left to complete, I have more to schedule and complete for this month, I have reports to write, Suppliers to contact, Customers to mollify, and I just ran out of peanut butter!! Not to mention the lingering sadness from the departure of my beloved boss. She is in Hawaii right now. I am not sure she is ever coming back, even though next week is supposed to be her last.

Creative Updates:
Writing - I have reached a low. I had a... bad reaction to my writing. I don't like it. I used to love it, and now I can't stand it at all. I am still trying to get through edit number 5, but it is getting trickier the more I begin to loathe my writing.

Photography - Part of me wants to quit my job and make a crazy and expensive decision to go back to school and get a master's in photography. I know that it would be nuts, especially with the mortgage, but I am UNHAPPY. I am not sure I could ever forgive myself for giving up on my dreams. Pursuing them is one way to at least seek contentment. I also realize that being content is a state of mind, but it is one that is more difficult to achieve when you are never doing anything that you like.

Piano - It is so pretty in the corner...

Kung Fu - STRIPED!!! And yes, I did spell that correctly. I STRIPED my first green sash stripe on Saturday. It was a long time coming, but I am really happy. I know all of the first five techniques for green sash (which is the requirement for the stripe) but I also know all of form four!! That is NOT required, but Mr. N and I have been working on it tirelessly. It took me this long to stripe mostly because I practice the form and not the techniques. I am trying to get to a point where I practice everything every day. (At least a little of everything.) Mr. DP and I had a conversation the other day about my form and he actually made me feel like I was gaining respect with as much practice as I have been doing. I need to go back to sparring, though. It is my downfall. It terrifies me, I am horrible at it, and it is demoralizing. I need to get over ALL of that and make it work for me.

Visual arts - nada.

Work Update - So everyone knows my boss is leaving, but aside from that I am getting into trouble with one of the two managers that will be overseeing me in the future. She is a little touchy, and I apparently touched the wrong buttons... she yelled at me a lot on Friday. I just audited her. Such a small, cruel world. Okay, I scheduled the audit, but that was before she yelled at me, and I forgot about it. Aside from that, barring any unforeseen obstacles, I should be a CERTIFIED AUDITOR in a couple of weeks. That makes me more mobile in the work force. I could even be a consultant. Does anybody need an auditor?

2 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you are in an unhappy place. Keep your chin up. I try to avoid auditors (IRS, GAO, etc.). I can't believe I'm actually going to have one in the family! - TRJQ

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the STRIPE!!!! That's huge! You're really making progress through the ranks. Awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home