Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Lucky Irish Flogging Molly Shirt

The Flogging Molly concert was fabulous. They are raucous and crazy and drink a lot (ahhh, the Irish) and loud and WONDERFUL. We enjoyed the concert very much.

I bought a shirt.

I promptly lost the shirt when we stopped for drinks at the Chevron station at 2:00 in the morning. I did not realize that I had lost the shirt until we got home at 2:30. I was angry. We called the local Chevron and asked for the number to the other Chevron. (San Diego city is not listed in the North County directory.) We called information and asked for the number. Information didn't have it. The other Chevron guy called us back and told us the number. We called the number. The guy working the station couldn't leave the building because it is against the rules for the graveyard shift. So he looked out the window, but he didn't see the shirt.

I couldn't sleep.

I got up at 9:00 the next morning and called the station back. I asked if they had seen a black shirt. They said no. I asked if they had seen a black shirt in the parking space that was closest to the Del Taco. They said yes. They said they would see if it was there, and if it was, they would give it to the cashier. They hung up. I woke SF up and we got dressed and drove down to the station and asked the cashier if he had a black shirt. He laughed and brought out the shirt "that looks like it has a Heiniken logo on it" and we all danced and laughed and celebrated the fantastic adventure of the shirt.

The lucky Irish shirt survived SF's truck, the crazy downtown inhabitants, someone picked it up and transferred it to the post marking the parking spot, the attendant saw it on his way in (although it is unclear why "no, he hadn't seen one" was his first response to the question) and he brought it in to the cashier.

YEAH LUCKY SHIRT!

It accompanied me to the Miller Lite Independence Jam with T-Dog.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing what perserverence will do! Like with the ring at the bottom of the lake, remember that one?! GO LUCKY SHIRT!!!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

I do remember the ring at the bottom of the lake. That might have been more miraculous that my Flogging Molly shirt. None-the-less, I am glad to have my lucky shirt back. I am going to wear it on "black Friday," my bosses last day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home