Thursday, September 16, 2004

Raven

I love the Teen Titans. The one we watched last night was about sisters. But not sisters like me and my elder (although there were some moments of similarity) but instead Starfire's sister Blackfire who is evil, though precocious and outgoing. I like the show so much because I see parts of each of the characters in myself.

I like to think I have Starfire's innocent view of the world at times, and childlike approach to problem solving concerning friends and family. (i.e., the 'do you need a hug' approach.)

I know I have Robin's creative intellect.

I hope I have Beast Boy's silly charm (when needed.)

I like to think I can push myself beyond conceived limits, just like Cyborg. (Though I still can't move my right wrist correctly after sparring the other night.)

And then there is Raven. She, of course, is the obvious choice for the more representative sample of me. The dark brooding, the meditating, the internalization of all emotion, the hood. She is me at 16, though my super powers were more aligned with dark poetry and black clothing than actually moving stuff with my mind.

It is a fun show to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home