Monday, September 13, 2004

Strap Me In, Boys

My friend in highschool and I had a bizarre little ritual to express our connection to any activity, substance, or philosophy that could resemble an addiction. This expression was the pantomimed progression of snorting coke, thumping a heroine vein, and dragging a joint. This activity was done at relatively frequent intervals, which I find particularly strange at the moment due to my complete, utter, and total disdain of all things drug related. None-the-less, we would use this symbolism to mock people, to show our solidarity to each other, and to, as previously mentioned, express our addictive tendencies.

For me it was men. Well, at the time, boys in growing up carriages. In other words, teenage boys. I loved them. Then again, I was amidst them every day and was, in my own physical form, a teenager myself. I would perform the three step addiction dance for any hot bod that walked by.

You may be asking yourself why I am telling you this now, especially since I have been married for a little over one month, but I will tell you.

As I sat down to blog, amidst a day so full of crap I have so many different applications open I can't read any of the titles in my tool bar, I had this incredible urge to thump a vein.

I am addicted to blogging. I have missed it. I feel a strange release in writing even now. It is calming.

So when I say "Strap me in, Boys" I no longer yearn for the Friday night lights on the football fields around New Mexico, but for a direct line to blog release.

What does that say about me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home