Monday, September 13, 2004

Company Family Reunion

My company is buying me a trip to a Thanksgiving Family Reunion.

Why, you ask? How on earth did I manage to convince the dark and evil Corporate America to contribute to my soul-searching, family-bonding, ever-so-distant Thanksgiving Vacation? By working the system, that's how.

You see, when you have to go to a training session for a project, you research when and where those sessions take place. You plan it so that you can then take a little jump of a flight from your training destination to your Thanksgiving soiree and you're made.

All told, what should have been an over $600.00 trip for the holiday is now going to cost me about $130.00. Of course I have to go to an intense training session in PA before the trip, suffer through even more Thanksgiving oriented travel arrangements, and I won't get to travel there or back with my husband...but sometimes, the financial solution is the best one. This time, it seemed worthwhile.

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK so now there are two. I'll have to get into the habit of reading these.

LD "TRJQ"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home