Saturday, September 17, 2005

Hefty Proposition

Anything and everything. Hmmm. I will try and write about specifics without going mad, but it is the only request!!

First off, though, Wamez, you are funny. I have not yet asked around, but there are so many Chinese people around, I just assumed... Oh yeah, and it isn't in the middle of a desert, so there's that...

Ahem. Let me see. I will describe a mooncake for you, as today is the Autumn Moon Festival and I hope to see a parade or a demonstration or something. The Autumn Moon Festival, as you all know, is a day of family celebration and reunion. In fact, many of the mooncake packages themselves have "Happy Reunion!" written on them in English, as the only English. The mooncake is not your typical Western cake, as there isn't really any "cake" in it. There is, instead, a sort of sweet pasty gelatin like substance...no, that isn't right. This is going to sound gross, but bear with me. If you took a handful of crisco and mixed in sugar, brown sugar, sweetener, Splenda, and seasoning, you would have the inside of a mooncake. Oh, that and the egg yolk. Inside each mooncake is at least one entire, cooked, egg yolk. Not knowing what was inside when I first had one, I was surprised and the yummy sweetness, but more surprised by the contrasting egg yolk. It is a strange but decidedly tasty combination. SOOO sweet, though. I have not been able to eat a whole one, and they are not that large. Here is a picture.



(I haven't opened it yet, but I will...oh I will.)

Now I am hungry. Off to breakfast!!

3 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Podcast on open source geospatial
Web 2.0 Conference 2005 October 5-7, 2005, San Francisco, CA A podcast about geospatial stuff, with me and your host Howard Butler: "We discuss Open Source GIS , the Canadian government's role in supporting OGC ...
Hi, I was just checking out blogs and surfing through some and found you! I like your blog. I will book mark it and come back soon. If you are interested, go see my barbie dolls related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.barbie dolls

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger ears said...

Okay, here's my question. When you walk into a store or room or somewhere that people are not expecting to see an Irish lass, how do they respond? Or are there lots of us crackers wandering around?

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Tamara said...

I love moon cake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home