Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I Like to Build Things

This week is our company open house, Board meetings, Management meetings, and facility tours for all the big wigs. Today, thinking that the big shindig was starting today, I wore my favorite suit. When I got to work I discovered that there was still much work to be done before the meetings start, which is mostly tomorrow. The work? Manual labor assembling shipping and receiving work stations.

Cool.

So I have been screwing and wrenching and prying and lifting all day. I have super greasy fingers which I just washed, but they are still super greasy. I have, as of yet, not damaged the pants, though. The jacket I was smart enough to take off before I started work, though the spaghetti strap tunic I am wearing is getting a little too much attention. (It works really well with the jacket, but looks a bit too casual without it...)

Also, SPF and I have about finished our bathroom! We have repiped the wall, finished the tile, reinstalled the toilet, and cut the dry wall patches. Now we just need to patch up the holes, texture the exposed wall (that used to be behind the mirror) paint the remaining surfaces and install the base boards and crown molding.

Oh, and the light. We have to rip out the existing light and put in a new one. One because it doesn't match our new decor, and two because it is off center. The people that lived in our place before us were a piece of work. Nothing is done right. So we have to rip it out and do it right. We are. The tile looks really nice. The whole bathroom should be beautiful, and I am getting more excited about the decorations that we already bought. (Four pictures, some bamboo, and a placemat...don't ask, just come and see!!)

4 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger wamez said...

Sounds awesome. Curious about the placemat.

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger JQ said...

SO EXCITED!!! Now you guys can come help us do ours, right?!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

OF COURSE!!! After you paint me a painting, assist me in Renaissance Faire wears, and come to visit SD with JB. Oh, and all that AFTER we finish ours, which is not done, just close.

Wamez - All will be revealed in time.

 
At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it! I, too, love to build. Our outdoor area is mostly done. We have been enjoying it. There are a couple of things to rethink. It is NOT a DB, father of JB, caliber project. But, we still love it and will use it frequently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home