Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Tourney

The Kung Fu Tournament is this weekend. I will be performing Green Sash Techniques, Quan Qu Siu Sup Gee, and Double Dagger Form. I will then be sparring for a minimum of two minutes. It will be longer only if I win the first round, which is tremendously unlikely, but I suppose you never know.

I am terrified of this tournament.

It is an all day event.

I have only one thing to look forward to, and that is the dinner after the tournament with instructors and students. It is an amazing moment of comraderie. Next to my wedding and honeymoon, I think that dinner last year was one of my happiest moments. You know the types of moments that you recognize while they are still happening and wish that they would never end? It is that type of moment. It is a great moment.

I am looking forward to that moment.

4 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the tournament and the dinner! I am learning how important it is during a special event to stop, look around, and create some mental memory images. Otherwise it can become a blur. During your sparring is perhaps NOT the time to stop to create images!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

I can just see that...dreamy look, tear in eye, fist in eye...

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger JQ said...

SO EXCITED TO BE THERE!!! What kind of bells should I wear? Silver? Jingle? Imaginary?

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

HOW ABOUT ALL THREE!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home