Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Pink

Nothing new today. Pink seems to be a popular color again. I always hated pink. I now find myself wearing it usually two days a week. How did that happen? Actually, I now believe that I have the confidence in myself to wear pink. I can wear pink and still know that I kick booty.

Updates
Kung Fu - Mr. N is getting more and more disappointed in me because I haven't been back to sparring. It is depressing if only because I respect him. I am trying to work back up to it, but I have been fighting some sort of head cold and... never mind the excuses. The fact of the matter is I haven't gone in weeks and I don't intend to. The fact that form four is getting polished and I have started to learn my first two person form and I have six new techniques under my belt doesn't seem to matter to anyone. It is making going to Kung Fu at all depressing because I don't feel like anyone respects the accomplishments I have made, they just scold me for not sparring. This, in turn, also makes me feel like a bad role model. So, I end up not going. Plus, I have no friends there anymore, since Mr. Y and Ms. M left. I am surrounded by strangers and it feels oppressive.

Writing - This is even more depressing. Not to be constantly down, because that is no fun to read, but I am having serious trouble with my novel. One because it is irrevocably flawed. In multiple ways. Most people would say, "Okay, I wrote a novel, it wasn't that great, but now I have one under my belt and I can start the new one." But I can't do that because I LOVE THIS STORY. I know that sounds vain or conceded, but I really do like these characters and even the overall construct. The problem is that there are moments that are REALLY GOOD, but 90% of it would need to be rewritten to make the whole book readable. This has become a serious dilemma for me.

Work - Black Friday approaches.

4 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger wamez said...

I still don't have the confidence to wear pink. I envy you.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Wamez, if you want to wear pink, I support you.

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to get all "serious" or anything - but I was in a similar situation with 2 screenplays (and am sort of in another one (JB, this is not the V script, it's Epsilon). What I did - and this might sound scary but trust me it is really powerful - scrap the "draft" you did, and start over telling the same story. Start with an outline - now you know the characters, plus you know more about writing. You can strenghten the structure because you know the story, where it was working, where it fell through. Don't go back to the story you've written. It sounds overwhelming, but it is actually easier (I know this from experience) when you feel like you're beyond help. As much of a pain as it is, when you finish you'll have a MUCH STRONGER novel. Then you can move onto book two, which I know is where your heart is! JQ

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

That is a tremendous, overwhelming, HUGIMOUS, MAXIMUS, undertaking. And, I think you are right. I don't think I can save this novel without starting over. Although I have never been able to use outlines. I hate them. They kill the writing for me. But the story is very solidly planted in my brain.

If I do do a page one rewrite, I am not sure I can get you a draft by Christmas. Forgive me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home