Wednesday, August 30, 2006

A Sad Happy Moment

Well, today was the last official class of the session. I really like my instructor, as you all know, so I am a little sad that it is over, but at the same point in time, that is two down, sixteen to go. Wow. I just have no idea where the time is going, but at least I am progressing.

In our first class out of 21 people we lost 5. This class, out of 16 we have lost at least 4, possibly 8, but we won't know for sure until the final grades come in. You have to achieve a D or better to move on. The last time he posted the grade list (posted by ID number) there was one B+, two B's, one B-, three C's, and the rest were D's and F's. Out of sixteen posted grades. One girl will be taking this class for the fourth time next session.

So, when putting everything in perspective, I am very glad to be moving on with a good grade. This guy was very tough, but very good. I have learned so much. I will have to show all of you my portfolio of new work. It is remarkably different from anything I have done prior, so that makes me very excited about what might be around the corner.

As for the Big and Beautiful contest, I was voted as the third best out of ten images that were actually submitted to the contest. (Student's choice.) And of the two images that the instructor asked to have copies of, mine was one. So I am very happy, but with a cast of some sadness. Mostly, though, I am just excited about the next stage.

That and going home for my ten year reunion in a couple of weeks. Should be interesting. :)

1 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger JQ said...

Congratulations! I know how you feel, and I want to see your work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home