Friday, August 18, 2006

A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To...Wait, What Was I Saying?

I think that the rigors of 102 are starting to break me down. Of course the usual breaks occur early on, like forgetting dinner every once in a while and realizing that you are hungry at 2:00 in the morning while still working on FREAKING SHOT # 8, or forgetting if you washed your hair yesterday (because I only wash it every other day to keep it moisturized and healthy), or calling one person seven times in one day to talk about miniscule things like Tokyo sheik tourists.

But now I am having some...unusual episodes. I am hearing things incorrectly on the radio. For instance:

"That guy is really moving, driving that Ducati" became "That guy is really moving, driving with Tecate."

And "I just want you by my side" became "I just want to burn my slide."

Plus, I freaked myself out majorly on one of my all night shoots when I looked out the window to see a totally creepy guy standing perfectly still and staring at me...only to finally realize (after a high-pitched yelp) that I had set a 4 x 5 slide in the window early to see it back lit and the outside motion light had come back on. Keep in mind that means that the "creepy guy" was not only my husband, but three inches tall. Scary.

I am getting to the point where I can't see the forest for the trees. I spend so much time looking at slides now that I have a tendency to look at the details in a 4 x 5 area instead of looking at, oh, say where I am walking. Almost ran into a light pole the other day. Missed it by milliseconds.

Oh and I went to buy an extra long cable release that I need for an assignment and forgot to take any kind of money or identification. That coupled with the fact that I spilled half of my developer in my trunk and have to wait at least overnight for the new batch to cool means that I get a night off. So, I thought I would stay up to a ridiculous hour writing blogs! :) Just kidding. Off to bed with me now. Cool. Glorious, glorious sleep.

If I were a character in an anime show my face would hit the keys right now and some kanji phrase like "Crazy Exhausted!" would appear above my head as I began to snore.

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger JQ said...

Hee hee hee... I feel your pain.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Yes, I am certain that you understand. So very tired. But, so much left to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home