Monday, August 07, 2006

Saved

I don't really watch television anymore since the introduction of "Reality" into my realm of escapism. There are a few shows that I still find entertaining, though I am not great about catching them and loathe to start watching something new. I have been so often betrayed by TV. She is an evil mistress. Or, rather, the Fox executives are evil, not that they are the only ones. I am not really a fan of executives. (Immediate family excluded.) With the cancelation of shows such as Stark Raving Mad, Wonderfalls, and Arrested Development there doesn't seem to be a reason to even try watching new shows. The downfall of Firefly actually leaves me hollow.

Which is why I am particularly surprised that I decided to give a new show a try. I don't know why, though I am assuming some massive conspiracy including subliminal messaging and mind control must have been used. Perhaps I let my guard down because this particular show was on a cable network and not broadcast.

At any rate, I am thoroughly hooked. The show is beautiful. Not only are the characters (yes, that's right characters) beautifully crafted, but the plots are well constructed, the conflicts devastating and real, and it allows me the cathartic emotional release that somehow I hold back for the rest of the week. I am thoroughly in love with the main character, but constantly surprised and rewarded by the secondary characters. I will admit that I make sure I have time to watch the show on Monday nights. (Though it is also Tivoed in my absence back home.)

The show is Saved. Congratulations, TNT, you are doing something remarkable and I applaude you.

As for school, don't worry. My new found show takes one hour a week. The rest of my life is dedicated to school and SPF. Resultingly I currently have the highest GPA in class (not that is matters) and am one of two students who are pulling higher than a C average. I'll take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home