Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Update

Well, let's see. We have had four critiques and out of fifteen images turned in, here are my current stats. Two final five, seven pass, five undetermined, and one reshoot. I have gotten A's on all four of the quizes so far. I have missed a total of four questions combined. I have passed one paper and have another one in review. I have another assignment due on Wednesday of next week, which I am going to shoot with the help of some friends this weekend. I have to have the reshoot completed by Wednesday as well and there is another paper due the same day. I have already written the paper. I wrote it the first week. Some of the best advice I have gotten so far was to get all of the papers done the first week.

I have also assisted with one other photo shoot for a friend. It was eye opening. He managed to find a semi-professional model who was wonderful. The shots were beautiful. I need to start thinking bigger, thinking like a professional. Right now, I am not. Right now, I am thinking like a girl who likes to take pictures, not a photographer who makes images. I cannot think like that anymore. After I finish out this class, I will have to find models, scout locations, plan and prepare and innovate. Even a standard shoot should have mood or scene appropriate props. I have learned, for the most part, how to judge the appropriate quality of light, so that is a tool that I can stick in my pocket.

Problem now? June gloom. The quality of light is ruined for the next month or two, and I have a reshoot due next Wednesday. Great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home