Tuesday, May 09, 2006

And So It Begins

My first actual class was yesterday. It was scheduled to be three hours long. It was three hours long. You know how when you go to college your first class is always "Here is the syllabus, here our the class policies, be sure to read such and such chapter and I will see you on Wednesday?" Yeah, we don't have time for that. We have seven weeks total and every class counts. So, it our first class, we got the introduction from the Student Advocate, a brief statement from the Student Affairs department, and then we took attendance. From that point forward, everything was class. Actual learning. And I have to be honest. After three years of photography at one of the best high schools in the country, and two solid years of photography in college, the stuff that I learned yesterday has NEVER been so clearly presented and defined. I was scribbling mad notes as soon as the instructor started to talk, mostly because I had never heard what he was saying. This is going to be quite a ride.

We already have our first assignment for a photo shoot, as well as seven chapters to read between two books, and three opinion papers assigned (to be completed throughout the class duration.) My goal? To have the first assignment shot before class today, to have all three papers done tomorrow, and to be ready to reshoot, reprint, reconceptualize every other assignment for the rest of the class. There is also an extra credit assignment already on the table. I imagine that if I don't do that, I will regret it later, so, with that in mind, there are also two lectures that I have to attend in the next week.

1 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger JQ said...

Woo! I hope, in the middle of all that, you still have time to blog every once in a while because I LOVE this "vicarious photography school" feeling!!!

Kick ass!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home