Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Two to Three Hours

When I came down from Santa Barbara a couple of weeks ago, my car started making this funny noise. It was not a happy noise, but it wasn't very consistent, either. Then we went to Saint Maarten, had fun, and my car got angry. Really angry. It is making some very unhappy noises now. Threatening noises. Noises that say that my car has had it with my inattention.

So I am giving some attention. In fact the gentlemen at Speedy Lube and Tune are giving it another two to three hours of attention while they correct all of the ills of my singular mode of transportation.

Singular mode of transportation. Meaning that I will be in this Starbucks for the next two to three hours, and I have already been here for half an hour and was at the shop for an hour before that. Sigh. But at least the car will be healthy when this is all said and done. She has been so good to me. Seven years of service already. That's not so bad with only a few hickups.

So, I am going to write, read, and watch Firefly on DVD. Because every once in a while I need a fix of Nathan Fillion.

2 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger JQ said...

Firefly... yes. Everytime my cell phone rings I smile a little.

Sorry about the car - hope it isn't too costly...

Q

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be sure to pat her dashboard and tell her how special she is to you, too. Someone for whom that has worked well. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home