Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Eeeeee!!!!!

So I have had my first class of the second session. In that class, we had a "prep week" assignment due. That assignment, all told, took about five hours to complete, three of it waiting for the lab to process the chromes. Those people who did not turn it in have already got one F in the class. After the first day. Of class.

This guy means business. So far, I am impressed. I always turn my assignments in on time, I try to stay ahead of the workload, and I focus intently on learning, so I think I will be okay in this class.

Let me give you a brief overview of this new session. First off, a reminder of last session - three papers, a quiz every week, 4 x 5 and 35mm work, six total assignments with Final Five at the end (which could be comprised of the previous assignments, if so desired.) And also keep in mind that I got panicky, nervous, lost confidence, and had a near nervous breakdown. Fun.

This session is a little more...rigorous. We have a creative assignment due every Monday, starting less than a week from today. (Thanks to JQ for helping me out on this one.) These assignments have to include either a person or an animal in every shot. (Just as a recap, my Final Five for 101 were all architectural details.) So that workload is the same as last session. There is also a quiz every week, starting this Friday, as well as the Final in week seven. Of course add in one to two technical assignments every week and we start to have some more concerning issues. The concern being time. Because we won't have a lot of it. Because we have a technical due every Wednesday and a creative due every Monday. Plus a research paper and another assignment titled "Big and Beautiful" which consists of printing an 11 x 14 from a 4 x 5 negative. Oh, and we have to develop our own 4 x 5 black and white negatives.

EEEEEE!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger JQ said...

COOL!!!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger JQ said...

More updates as you get... ahem... time?

Love to read - it's like vicarious Photography Art School without having to do any of the work!

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home