Friday, January 27, 2006

Inspiration

Have I ever mentioned that my sister is a remarkable inspiration to me? Yeah, yeah, I know that I have, at times, been intimidated by her, self-inflicted "overshadowed" by her (except for that one painting instructor who compared me to her and found me lacking,) and, I admit, jealous of her, I ultimately am in awe of her abilities, talents, and strengths.

She is incredibly strong. She just made a very difficult decision in her life and I am very impressed by her resolve and attitude. I am trying, with all of my attention and mustered strength, to focus on committing myself to my own difficult journey into a creative endeavor, and she has been an excellent example for me of the hard work, dedication, talent, and perseverance that it will take for me to realize my goal.

I am not sure if I would be able to make this journey without her example.

Isn't that what big sisters are for?

5 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger wamez said...

I just got a little teary.

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to two of you are connecting so frequently as adults. What a special friendship this can be!

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As per our last conversation, always remember you have some amazing talents and gifts. Your sister can certainly be a model for perseverance, but recognize your own talents as well!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger JQ said...

I hope we can both be there as cheerleaders for one another's creative goals. Thank you for the kind words. I hope you know that I've taken inspiration from you as well, both creatively and in the way you face the world with confidence and indefatigable (sp?) spirit. Your poetry still gives me shivers, and your photography has captured transcendent moments. I can't wait to see what comes next!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

I certainly hope so. Thanks for your kind words back. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home