Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The New Kitten Game

Brooks has made quite an impression on the household. She is still vivacious and seemingly an endless supply of energy, which gets on the nerves of Osiris, and is a struggle for me. Her favorite play things are...everything. She has already learned where the kitty toy box is and pulls things out of there all day.

Oooohhh! This one is cool!!! Smack smack smack. WOW!!! What's that!!?? This is cool!! Smack smack smack. DANG!!!! THAT'S MINE!!!! WHAT IS THAT?? Smack smack smack.

The unfortunate situations happen when the toys are a. Isis, b. Osiris, c. My eyelashes. But she just doesn't stop. If you yell at her for attacking your face, she shakes it off and goes to attack something else.

Yesterday I was watching her have a staredown with Osiris. She would lift up one paw as if to strike him, look at him, and then lower it down gently to her side. She did this about five times. I never saw Osiris so much as twitch, but his intent was clearly understood. Eventually he was apparently fed up and in one deftly calculated maneuver, he leapt into her, lifting her off of her feet, grabbing her with all four of his feet and landing her on her side. I don't think he hurt her, it was more of a show of what he was capable of.

She understood.

Last night was Brooks' first night out in the house to roam, and she got bored around 1:00 a.m. and decided to jump on my face. She tried SPF first, but he didn't wake up. She was purring so loudly that I woke up just before she jumped onto my face, attacking my eyelashes once again. Sigh. Crazy kitten.

3 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger JQ said...

I love Brooks!!!

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to try Osiris' tactics.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Funny you should mention that. I had a dream last night the JQ had stolen some of my art and sold it so that she could buy a Picasso and I got so fed up that I DID try Osiris' tactics. Worked, too.

As for Brooks, she has decided that sleeping in a little ball on my chest all night is the best solution. She was very put out when I moved her to turn off my alarm this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home