Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Suspension of Disbelief Or, You Know, Common Sense

The other night SPF and I were watching The Incredibles DVD extras (because we just bought the movie) and at one point there are some deleted scenes that were written into the original story board that they quasi-animate for the DVD. I want to stress that these are not really animated, they are the original story boards that were put together in animation style to be viewed by the public without too much extra work. So, basically, they are sketches that have been strung together.

At one point, I became entrenched in the story. Despite the quality of the "animation," despite the fact that it was animated, I was involved.

The villain, who at this point has our heroes suspended in mid-air and paralyzed, hears, coming from the back bedroom, an infant's cry. He turns to the heroes and says "Don't you know that's illegal? Supers aren't allowed to breed!"

At which point I turned to SPF and said "Is that true?"

To which he could only reply by physically turning his body towards me to stare at me in disbelief until I understood my own ridiculous folly and laughed so hard that I actually injured my jaw and the corners of my mouth from strain.

Unbelievable.

4 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger JQ said...

Hee hee hee...

 
At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it's not true, I would like grandchildren someday!

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger wamez said...

Heh.

That is all.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Yep.

Okay, so I will take the "Supers" label. If I had my choice of powers I would say wings is on the top of the list. (My ink ones don't work right.) If I were going to try to be a "Super" in reality, I think more Pimsleur so that I can blend into any culture...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home