Monday, September 19, 2005

The Legend of Chicken Foot

I am trying to be very open minded. I am trying new things, like fifty year old preserved eggs, sugared and fried pork skin, mooncakes, smelly fruit pastry, pretty much anything and everything that is put in front of me. I have met my match, though. I cannot eat a chicken foot. In fact, I also cannot watch people eating chicken feet. I spent a lot of time looking up at the ceiling and down at my plate with the occasional glance at our hostess to be sure that she wasn't choking on a metacarpal. This is the first time in China that I have felt nauseas, and it was a VERY strong nausea. Reason being? They LOOK like chicken feet. I know that I already told you about the crispy chicken head, so I knew I was eating a real chicken, and we have been served whole fish, which did, admittedly, look like fish, but I simply cannot eat a foot. Anymore than I could eat a tongue. Not going to taste anything that could taste me back, and not going to eat anything that has walked around in poo.

That is my stance and I am sticking to it.

2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger JQ said...

You are not missing anything. Yuck.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger JQ said...

You are not missing anything. Yuck. Apparantly "texture" is one of the reasons the Chinese like them. I don't remember there even being a taste, all I could hear inside my head was I DON'T EVEN LIKE SEEING A VEIN IN MY CHICKEN BREASTS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home