Monday, November 01, 2004

Trick or What now?

This would be the first Halloween in memory where I did not dress up as something. All my life I have LOVED Halloween. It allows you to be something or someone you would otherwise not be. It can showcase creativity and craftiness and is just down-right fun.

This year, I did nothing. I was planning on going to see my sister in LA, but they had to work and I didn't want to intrude on their party on Saturday night. (Even though it probably would have been okay, it could have been strange.) So SPF and I stayed in SD and pretty much didn't do anything. We saw "Shaun of the Dead" and caught the end credits of "Napoleon Dynamite" (which, if you haven't stayed to the end, go back and see it again) and then headed home for some TV before bed.

I did make cookies. Lots and lots of homemade gingerbread and chocolate shortbread cookies. They were good. I have some to give to Kung Fu later tonight, but for the most part, I didn't really participate in the holiday this year.

Work was stressful for the last few weeks, and my health was starting to be affected, so I also didn't participate in SPF's pumpkin carving with friends. We have his on display in front of our house right now. If we had a digital camera, I would share, but alas...

At any rate, most things have been suffering right now because I have been working so hard and so much. Kung Fu, photography, writing, even reading are things of the past. I am going to try and get back into ALL of them this week, but you never know. I tried last week, too, and then got sick in the afternoons.

At any rate, no other updates. The cat is now fine, although he trusts us significantly less than he did before this ordeal. Mostly because we have to keep ambushing him to give him medicine, but that is over now. You try catching a perfectly healthy cat and shoving a pill down its throat without getting maimed in the process. Let's just hope he stays healthy this time.

Until later. I am back to blogging, at least. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home