Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Sale Prep - Day 12

Day 12 means the painter is back!  It turns out that a lot more work gets done when he is here!  And boy, howdy has a lot of work gotten done.

First off, I don't know if I mentioned how AWESOME our painter is.  He has already taken on some projects that weren't in the original bid and not asked for anything in return.  We are going to compensate him anyway, because he brought down his original bid, so I'm just going to raise it back up.  SO WORTH IT!

For instance, we asked if he could paint our fireplace surround.  It doesn't match the hardwood floor and we think it would look nicer painted.  He said yes, but it is going to take a special kind of primer because of the finish on the wood.  So, it is marked with tape to remind all of us of the project.  He has also finished out our wall (details to follow) and has agreed to help us with our kitchen grout, which is dirty and crumbling.


In the meantime, he prepped the bathroom and got one coat on.  The cabinets, shelf, and mirror are down, but you can already see the change.  Such a huge difference between the dark brown and this lighter tan.

My office is also getting it's first coat.  It's hard to work here, one of the many reasons that I took my time with the update on the blog posts, but it is a clean, open space and now the paint will match as well.

And, the wall.  We're pretty proud of what we did, but what the painter did makes it look really official and intentional.   I think that's what was starting to bother me about it is that it didn't quite fit in and I was worried that we may have made a mistake.  Because the floors don't go under this wall, we started the wall project when the floors were about to be installed.  But now it looks awesome and natural and even original.  Now, the other version looks crazy and wrong.


Now, this is one of my favorite parts.  Do you remember when I was staining the cabinets and I over stained onto the wall a bit?  I always told myself, "Ah, no worries, someday it will be painted."  AND NOW IT IS!!!!  No more evidence that I didn't use plastic, paper, or tape to stain my cabinets in place.  Ahhhhhhh, that's a huge sigh of relief.


Yeah, the ceiling isn't done.  So there is still evidence there.  But not for long!!!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home