Thursday, June 16, 2016

Sale Prep - Day 9

Day 9 is my favorite day so far mostly because all of the work done on day 9 was done by me.

Our painter took off two days to go to his daughter's graduation in San Francisco.  Cool.  I support that.  But I kept thinking, hmmmmm, what can I do to make a tangible impact when I won't be in the way of the painters and don't have to go in to school to teach or go to meetings?

I call it - THE SOLUTION.

See, our problem is that we are outgrowing our space.  It happens to the best of us.  When we bought this place we were just two young people, engaged and looking forward to our wedding and our first little house.  Since then we have had a landslide, had two kids, started our own business, and I've worked about a dozen different jobs.  (Bear in mind, that is the nature of Adjunct educators, so it's not like I've been fired or something, it's just the way things work.)

So, on Day 9, I decided to find a way to clear out the clutter of our lives.  Now, at first, it may seem cruel.  Because at first glance it really just looks like I got rid of the toys.  I didn't.  I'm a pretty nice mom.  But I DID find a better place for them in a closet downstairs, and the stuff from that closet found a better home in the office because it is my photo equipment, and our dining room and living room have opened up beautifully.  The place is starting to REALLY come together.

Clear out the clutter.  Clear out the clutter.

After fine and a half hours of manual labor, I went from this:





To this:
Hmmm.  Not a great picture on that second one.  I will try and reshoot.  But what you should hopefully see is that there are NO MORE TOYS!  You are correct.  Noneso.  Nil.  Zilch.  It actually looks like a real live adult dining room.  Now I just need to get rid of the folding chairs, the wooden chairs that don't match, and buy one more Crate and Barrel chair to match our set of 3 (don't ask) and we are good to go. 




I would buy this place.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home