Thursday, September 10, 2015

Refinishing Our Kitchen Cabinets - Post Mortem

I think it's always valuable to revisit a project after it is complete to see how far off schedule and budget and even vision you are from the beginning.  With this project, I think the budget was actually on par with what we had anticipated, but I can't prove that because I didn't keep a project specific ledger of all of our expenses over the course of the project.

The vision is dead on.  Even better than anticipated, so that has to be worth something.

The schedule . . . that's a different matter.

Okay, here goes.

We started the project on August 13, 2010.  I wanted to have it done by Christmas.

The project was actually completed on September 4, 2015.  So I was off on my estimate by almost 5 years.  In my defense, there were two babies, the start of a new business, a new teaching and writing career, and any number of other delays, but still.  Those are not good numbers.

But the results are pretty cool.

 Before.

After.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home