Wednesday, August 19, 2015

New Floors - Day 7

If you're a mother, you know that after hours of labor and struggle and pain, everything fades away the second you see that beautiful little face for the first time.

I'm not going to say today was as powerful as that, but I think I probably will remember it for a long time.  I could forgive a lot of the trauma we've been through to see what I saw when I got home from work today.  (I taught a morning class, so I got to see the evolution a bit and I just got happier and happier.)

It's actually starting!  This is the landing at the bottom of the stairs.  Look how beautiful!

After a bit more work, this is what it started to look like.  It is done now, and sitting under some heavy boxes (of more wood) to help the glue set properly.

Upstairs things are going smoothly as well.  Despite our extraordinarily not square house, everything is being installed with nice straight lines.  There will be strange little gaps that will need to be worked on with small little pieces of wood, but so far that work has proven successful.

They laid the straight line first (the third board out) and then fixed in the other boards to follow the crazy wall.  They did a really nice job.

This is a good portion of the living room with a swath of glue for the next portion.  

And the first of the stair nosings!  These are wrapping around the upstairs overlook.  It's starting to look so very polished and finished. 

Here's where we're at right now.  Even our old, saggy couch looks better!  (It is going to get a face lift, after the new door and a little more savings . . . )

Tomorrow, they will come back and install the rest of the flooring and the baseboards.  On Friday, the stair guy comes in to lay the wood on the stairs.  Then I have the awkward conversation with the flooring company about when they are going to come out and do the carpet.  After that is all done, I will call the stair guys back for the new banister.  Eeeeeeeeee!!!  We will then be able to officially record that our one week floor remodel project took three weeks.  (Here's hoping.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home