Wednesday, August 19, 2015

New Floors - Day 6 - Part 3

Well, if there is one silver lining to finding the termite damage and delaying the project, it's that I had the opportunity to paint all of our new baseboards.  It was in the fine print of the contract that they will install the baseboards, but not paint them.  So when the demo guys were done for the day, they ran to Home Depot and picked up the baseboards and brought them back to us.

So, now I had this wide open space, a bucket of paint, some new paint brushes, and 12 baseboards to paint semi-gloss white.

So I laid them out on the new cork (which I was assured wouldn't hurt the cork or the final wood install) and I painted them one at a time, pulling the next one in and shoving it as far over as I could.  I did this in the early afternoon so that they would be dry by the time the kids got home.

New painting supplies.

Unpainted boards.

Painted boards!  Because it was clearly that fast a process.  Yep.  One, two, three, done!

Honestly, it only took me an hour and forty five minutes.  My knees and ankles are sore, but they were coated with the first coat of paint.  The real pain was having to do it again after the kids went to sleep.  It was another hour and forty five for the second coat, as well.  But they are done and ready to be installed!  (And they look really pretty.)  :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home