Thursday, September 03, 2015

Refinishing our Kitchen Cabinets - Day 22

And then there are the drawers!  I almost have them done.  Just one more sanding run and the hardware, and we'll be good to go.  Sanding in place isn't recommended if you have little ones that like to run around or a bad habit of closing your drawers with your hip, but other than that, it actually worked pretty well.  I had finished the cabinet face a little earlier than these, so technically I guess this is part Day 21, part Day 22, maybe even part Day 23 . . . but I nitpick.

The paper towels on the floor are to catch drips, but it worked pretty well.  I started at the bottom one (so that the top one would drip into the bottom one while I was finishing it) and pushed them almost closed with some overlap so that they would drip onto the paper towels if needed and not into the other drawers.

Bottoms up!  This part went pretty quickly and then I let it sit and reapplied every day or two.  We are so very close to getting this part of the remodel done.  The kitchen only needs a few more touches and I'd stick a fork in it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home