Thursday, September 03, 2015

Refinishing our Kitchen Cabinets - Day 21

I have been so preoccupied with the floors and stairs (still not done, FYI) that I completely forgot about the cabinet posts!  The cabinets are about 95% of the way done!!!  All I need to do now is some light finish sanding to make sure all of the surfaces match and have SPF add the final hardware.  But check this out:
The cabinet situation as we've been living for 5 years.  (Since we first started this project and pulled them off!)

The BIG ONE goes in!!!  It took some finagling and muscle, but look at it!  Such a pretty door!  And we are hiding our pots and pans and pantry for the first time in a LONG time!  And the kids can't reach the handle!  They'll figure out pulling on the side eventually, but right now they just look up at the handle.  So nice.

And here's his matching counterpart.  The high up door.  We almost had another fiasco with putting the handle of the top door on the top, so out of reach of me!  (A narrowly averted wood vampire situation.)  But after a brief conversation we got our orientation right and it looks so nice!

Although now I'm annoyed that I have to open the door to get at things that have just been available for the grabbing . . .

(I kid.  Sort of.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home