Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Come on, New Decade!

I'm ready for things to go right. Seriously. Since we moved out here in 2000 things have not been unicorns and butterflies. We have had some wonderful times like our wedding or some wonderful trips and meeting new people, but we also seem to have had greater than our fair share of turmoil, loss, and frustration.

But that was then and this is now. Not just a new year, but a new decade. One ripe with the promise of a new degree, a clean bill of health (we're hoping), and abounding opportunities, so long as you know where to look and who to talk to. But I do, I think. So I have faith. I am trusting that if I continue to do, try, and persist that I will find a job and everything will be okay. But I have to keep the faith. I have to keep busy. I have to keep contacting people who don't respond until they do (while maintaining a delicate balance between being persistent and annoying.)

I have to. What else can I do? There is no purpose for me to be sitting here doing nothing. I am meant to do something, I am meant to work, I am meant to apply myself. I must have purpose. Simply sitting and breathing is not enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home