Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Crazy Camera Lady

My husband made a comment tonight that I was turning into the "Crazy Camera Lady." Pshaw! Crazy Camera Lady, come on! How many cameras would I have to have to be crazy? I mean, every camera I have has a good reason to be had.

For instance, even though I don't use it anymore, the Minolta SRT101 has sentimental value, and I don't really know why I have the Minolta XE-7, so. . . I don't use the Nikon N65 anymore, that's true, but I do use both the the Nikon F100 and the FujiFilm S5 Pro, one for film 35mm, one for digital. I mean, that's just obvious. The CoolPix is just for fun and ease of carriage and use. So, really, that hardly counts. I need the control of the Mamiya 645 and it is a better fidelity negative than 35mm and easier to handhold than a 4x5, so I have to have it. And my grandfather's ArgoFlex is necessary, clearly. The Holga is a toy camera. Literally. And the two pinholes are really only useful as pinholes, if you know what I mean. Then you have the Toyo, Silver, and her uncle, the gifted 4x5 that KH used in his heyday. I use the Toyo all the time. I mean, really, I should have purchased one outright rather than renting one for so long, so not purchasing it was a poor decision. And you are just being ridiculous if you think that the camera in my phone or the camera in my computer count. They don't. I'm not that crazy.

For those of you that are counting, that's 15.

Um. Heh.

1 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home