Monday, April 09, 2007

Why, Eric, Why?

I know that I haven't blogged in a while, and I know that some of my dedicated fans have been waiting for the next installment so I want all of you to know that this is important. This is a topic that has riled me into writing again, and the need to express this emotion in print is essential.

Why did I just see an add for a Romantic Comedy with Eric Bana? Why? There is something remarkably beautiful about Eric Bana. Anyone who can take a film dedicated to the representation of Brad Pitt's glorious body and own it with an irrevocable ease is a creature of great and stunning beauty. I am, of course, speaking of "Troy" and how the most amazing performance was provided by the subtle and thoroughly believable portrayal of Hector by the remarkable Eric Bana. I hate to see him reduced to romantic comedy. After films such as The Incredible Hulk (don't scoff) and Munich, why a romantic comedy? Sigh. I just...it's just hard for me, that's all.

6 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger wamez said...

Eric wanna get paid.

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True, but also "romantic comedy" is a misnomer. There can be poignant truths in a really good RC.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger JQ said...

I take it this Eric project is not the next "American President"...?

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Of course impossible to tell this early. I only saw the one preview. It's just that he was a paragon...it seems somehow horribly, horribly wrong even if it is well done. Sigh. Maybe it will be wonderful and change my outlook on RC forever....

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger wamez said...

Looks like Eric's going to be in The Timetraveller's Wife with Racheal McAdams. Interesting casting. I...I like it.

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

OMG THAT'S PERFECT!!! See, why can't he focus on projects like that? With meaning, and influence. That will be a gorgeous film.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home