Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Mentor

I found out definitively today that my mentor of six months has left the school. This is a guy that I respect more than any other instructor here at Brooks. He is detail oriented, clear and concise, informative, knowledgeable, and demanding. I responded so well to his style of teaching that I excelled in his class more so than I have in any other class so far. My work from his session is the best that I have done to date. He motivated me. It was my greatest aspiration as a student to assist for him, and now I have lost that opportunity. I was extremely lucky to have had the opportunity to work with him and learn from him and I hope to be as much like him as I can. I try to hold myself to the standard that he set for us, but it would have been nice to have him around as a sounding board as we move into the upper divisions and into our careers. He cannot be replaced.

1 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then, truly you were fortunate to have him, AND he to have you as a student! Who knows what will come as a result of both of those!
bs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home