Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Week Six

Ahh. This week I have more memory of, mostly because it ended only a few days ago. This week I accomplished some Scavenger Hunt redo's and completed the Theme Assembly final image as well as final presentation binder.

The Scavenger Hunt redo was of SPF with a single overhead Baby (that's a studio light) and a gray background (which goes black without any illumination, which there wasn't) wearing black jeans and a black t-shirt. Picture it. Go ahead, I'll wait. Got the image in your head? The word "Isolation." Does that fit your picture? I liked it. It was the third time that I shot this particular word. The first an utter disaster, the second a good concept with a broken camera (GRRRRR) and lastly, the image that I intended as a complete success. My instructor liked it a lot. Bien.

The Theme Assembly was somewhat more complicated. The image was easy enough to get after some input from my classmates and instructor, but the presentation took me HOURS longer than I intended. Literally. Very frustrating. I worked for about three hours one night, another six or seven the next night (up until one in the morning) and then two the next morning for final presentation before it was due at 11:00 in the morning. Promptly.

Of course it was in on time, it was just a matter of cutting some additional matts (because the ones that I cut at one in the morning were the wrong orientation) and taping everything in place, mounting the sketches, choosing the appropriate set-up chromes to demonstrate my lighting. We get them back tomorrow, so I will know then if it was up to parr. Have I mentioned that my instructor is very into golf?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home