Friday, October 20, 2006

Week One

Uhem. Let me remember. I have my notes here.

Um, in week one we discussed how the class was to be run, including our creative portion for the session referred to as "Scavenger Hunts." Ultimately we were given two words every week that we had to interpret on film. The first week's words were "Trouble Ahead" and "Elegance."

For "Elegance" I shot the orchid again. It was still beautiful, having been purchased only three weeks earlier for Big and Beautiful, so there you have it.

For "Trouble Ahead" I shot my friend in a red shirt with red lipstick holding a red paint brush that was dripping red paint. Her smile was one of devilish intent, in a cute, not murderous way. I had to explain myself. Apparently the phrase "Paint the Town Red" is not common in California. Hmmm. Makes you wonder.

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger JQ said...

Or maybe it's not common among semi-literate teenagers. Is that too bitchy? (Of course, I don't know who the other students are in your class... so bitchy and possibly off-base).

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Uhem. Yes, under the circumstances that might be...harsh. Turns out that most of the people in my class are about my age. Different backgrounds, different home states, some older, most a little younger (though way out of the teens) and my instructor, who is two years older than me. Sigh. I would venture that I am more well-read, but one guy in the class is currently reading "The Fountainhead" so I am going pass on assuming why the phrase is lost on the lot of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home