Friday, October 20, 2006

Week Three

I have no idea what happened this week. Gray Box? Small Product? Hmmm. I think it was both, actually. Small Product initial shoot and Gray Box resubmit.

Gray Box is a wonderful and equally painful assignment. It is pretty much what it sounds like. A studio shoot of a gray box. True, it is an 18% gray box standing in as a "portrait subject that doesn't move and never runs out of patience with the photographer" which is beneficial when you have never been in the studio before, but it is also a gray box. Perhaps not the specialty I will pursue in six months when I declare my major. None the less, it was an assignment that needed to be done, so we did it (three of us) to the best of our ability and our instructor liked it so much that he asked to keep it as a future example. Cool. Except that I bought the binder. Sigh.

Small product is where I encountered the problems referenced in the "Neccessi-T" blog below. I do not wish to discuss Small Product again. (Thought I should probably throw out my props at this point, seeing as how they were all food products....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home