Tuesday, February 14, 2006

And Now For Something Completely Different

Happy Valentine's Day!! There used to be a time, not too long ago, that I would spend all of Valentine's Day Eve writing up cutesy valentines for everyone at work. There would be "Finding Nemo" or "The Powerpuff Girls" saying something cute like "Have a powerpacked Valentine's Day!" or some childlike sentiments of endearment or crushes. I used to always do that at my last job.

These days, though, I just wouldn't know what to do. There is so much tension and strife that I wouldn't want to add to it by only handing out some valentines, but if I were to hand them out to everyone, the CEO would undoubtedly be angry at my "inappropriate" work behavior, as he in general has no fun spirit about him. So, it seems as though the answer would be to give valentines to everyone except for the CEO, but then he could turn out to be offended and then what would I do? I would be even more on the outs with him than I already am.

So, I left the "Monster's Inc." and "Spiderman" valentines at home today in unopened boxes. Sigh. Where have all the happy times gone?

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could come back!

Yeah right!! No way you're doing that, huh?

= )

C Harvell

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Moose Tucker said...

Most likely no, but under the current circumstances...you never can tell...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home